Krista - your seedlings are looking great! Remember when we grew grass seeds last year? This is so much cooler! I have my seed flat all watered down and have placed it in a plastic bag so it can germinate. It's on top of my heating mat. Do you think putting it in the plastic bag was a good idea? I don't have a greenhouse. I'll probably take it out and look at it again in a week.
I think putting a plastic bag over it was a great Idea! I should have taken a picture of what I did, but I actually made a little seran(spelling?) wrap bubble that went over my plants, the one side has germinated nicely so I took off the seran wrap on that side. I would definately check them at least once a day (if not more), because I noticed with the heating mat they dry out really fast(specially without the covering on them) The other side of my flat contains petunias, they seem to be having a harder time. Only a couple have germinated and they are super small.
Krista - your seedlings are looking great! Remember when we grew grass seeds last year? This is so much cooler!
ReplyDeleteI have my seed flat all watered down and have placed it in a plastic bag so it can germinate. It's on top of my heating mat. Do you think putting it in the plastic bag was a good idea? I don't have a greenhouse. I'll probably take it out and look at it again in a week.
I think putting a plastic bag over it was a great Idea! I should have taken a picture of what I did, but I actually made a little seran(spelling?) wrap bubble that went over my plants, the one side has germinated nicely so I took off the seran wrap on that side. I would definately check them at least once a day (if not more), because I noticed with the heating mat they dry out really fast(specially without the covering on them) The other side of my flat contains petunias, they seem to be having a harder time. Only a couple have germinated and they are super small.
ReplyDelete