Tuesday, February 14, 2012

And So it continues...

Hello
Today was "The planting of the seeds" Day! So Here are pictures of the progress I made today.
I cut open a garbage bag, so i wouldn't get dirt all over my floor. I next put the Potting soil in,most of it isn't soil, just contains stuff like vermiculite and coconut husks. Stuff that is really light and porous.

One usually doesn't plant this early indoors, but these are not going to be indoors! I have a small heater that will be outside with these little plants (inside the greenhouse)! As of right now I am going to keep them inside until they start to germinate.

These seeds were so so small! I used tweezers to plant them because I couldn't really just pick up one with my fingers. This type of seed comes from the Nicotiana family of seeds. It is supposed to have a really fragrant smell.

I also planted wave petunias and moon flowers! We will see how this all works out!

This is the finished product for the day! The heating mat is on and warming up those cute little petunia seeds :) along with the others seeds I planted. Now time to keep it evenly moist and watch them grow. I also counted how many seeds I planted in each row, so I can see how many actually germinate. I bought my seeds online and if they have a good germination rate, I will continue to buy them from the same place. They have good prices on wave petunias!

This is just the container they stay in until they become little plants, then they will be transferred into bigger pots.

OH HOW FUN!



2 comments:

  1. I totally love it! Was the heating mat expensive? Maybe I should get one, too. I need to pick out my seeds and start planting indoors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! You're so good with plants!

    ReplyDelete