Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Picture Updates

I found a couple of picture that I wanted to post. They are not very recent, but maybe within the last year. This first on is of me last year. It was during the fall semester, and I was in a weeds class. I know that sounds weird, but it was one of the funnest classes, it was even a 5000 level class. We had to do some huge projects, this was one of them. This is my wonderful weed collection, this isn't all of them, these ones were just drying. Let me explain this process. First you had to go find the weeds, 50 different kinds representing at least 10 different families. When I would find a weed I would bring it home and stick it inbetween newspaper and squish it between about 10 huge books! Every couple of days I would have to switch out the news paper. This keeps it from getting mold and being able to dry faster. After I did that for about 2-4 weeks, I would take them out and paste it on a paper, with watered down elmers glue. After glued on the paper, let dry at least 24 hours before puting in pile, or else you would have a big pile of glued together weeds!!! After I had all 50 weeds, I had to put them in alphabetical order, family first and then botanical names! It was one crazy big project!!!!!!

This next picture is of all my plants in my window. I once had more, but I was running out of room. Don't worry I didn't throught them away, but I gave them away. I started selling Mary Kay in March! I ordered my inventory and finally got it at the end of march. This is the mess I was making in my front room, while I was opening it all! my husband loved all the peanuts, and we started having peanut wars! I had only opened about two boxes by this time. That is about all I have for now :) bye

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your project was a fun one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you u Krista and your dry weed(s). Heehee. I bet u will never live that down.

    ReplyDelete