It is a very quite and solemn day here at my house. Even the weather seems to be agreeing with this day. My Lovely Grandma passed away this morning at 12:30 am
Memories of my Grandma
The memory that keeps coming to my mind the past couple of days while I knew she would be passing on at any moment is about a white owl.
I grew up (for the most part) only living a 1/2 a mile away from my grandma, she would go on walks for exercise it seemed like every morning, On a lot of these mornings my siblings, my cousins and I would be waiting for the school bus, while my grandma would start out her walk. On this particular morning my grandma had come across a beautiful Snowy white owl that had flown into a pole and was on its last leg of life. For the last hour or so of life my grandma cuddled that owl and spoke soothing words to it, she said that it was scared and just needed some comforting before it died. I think back on this memory with and think of what a beautifully kind heart she had. This beautiful snowy white owl being cuddled by my grandma like it was a newborn baby. I asked her about it later that day and she had told me that it had passed on. I am sure she or my grandpa (or maybe even both) dug a beautiful grave for the beautiful snow owl somewhere on the farm.
Grumpy Krista:
Before my parents got divorced, I remember them going on a vacation somewhere and my grandma came and stayed with us for a whole week! One day, I was being very grumpy and she told me to go sit on a chair until I smiled. The only thing I had to do was smile and I could get off the chair. I was so stubborn, I was determined not to smile! My siblings were playing in the back yard and it wasn't long before I was laughing at what they were doing, but then I reminded my self that I was not supposed to be smiling, but my grandma had already seen it, and I was free to go...silly me
No comments:
Post a Comment