Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Crazy adventure

So last Friday morning RB called me with a bizarre  request. He had decided that he wanted to go and drive up to Oregon for the weekend......He had basically already made up his mind, so I was to tag along or not. Me being a big worry wort decided to tag along.
On our way through Idaho, we saw a bunch of wild fires. We stayed in Boise ID for the first night of our trip

The light house at Astoria, OR
This town is the oldest town west of the Mississippi river

I wanted to take a picture of the blue bush :) This is also in Astoria.


In Astoria,  by a big anchor.

There is a light house buoy (spelling)

RB and I both standing by the big anchor, I had been in a car all day and no makeup, still in pj shorts......so I really think I look stupid in this pic.

This light house was really tall, pictures just don't do it justice.

you could take the stairs up to the top of this, I only made it 3/4th's of the way. I got tired and chickened out. I am pretty scared of heights

After Astoria we drove down the Oregon coast for a little bit and then headed inland into Salem, and we stayed the night in Eugene OR. This is the next day, we went to crater lake and finally got some use out of our annual national park pass.

Yes, I am still in my pj shorts...........I was really tired and just didn't care. Although I did change into jeans because it was super cold here.


as you can see, super cold and still tones of snow!

This is the actual crater lake. It is the deepest lake in the US and it wasn't formed by a crater. It was formed by a collapsed volcano

This is an awful pic, but yes, we went to San Fransisco also! We wanted to go a different way home, this has the lights of a bridge in it. One of the only ones we got in San Fransisco because it got so foggy and misty!

Another terrible picture, but this is of the bay bridge

Wendover NV

I decided to use a dollar and gamble.....ha ha ha ha.....I won two dollars, but didn't think it was worth cashing it out so, I just used it all up. I didn't ever expect to win anything :)

The Utah tree, it was on the other side of the interstate, so we weren't really able to stop


So that was our quick and also long trip (because it felt long with so many hours we spent in the car) to Oregon and then onto California

If we did a road trip like this again, I would definitely plan it out better and I would only like to drive up to maybe 8 hours a day!

My legs got so sore from attempting to go up that light house, that I wobbled the rest of the weekend. I should have stretched after I got to the bottom of it. I would have liked to see more light houses also, because I really only got to see one.


Whew, what a trip!






No comments:

Post a Comment