Sunday, January 15, 2012


January 14 2012 8:46 Somewhere over US between SLC and Chicago, illinois
This is me sitting first class!! SO today has already been quite an adventure. I could seriouly not sleep all night long. I had my alarm set for 3:45 am, because our plane was taking off at 6:10 am. RBs dad came and picked us up at 4:15 but we probably didn't get out of the door until 4:25am. we made it safaley to the airport, checked our bags in, went over to securtiy and I got a body scan for the first time in my life. The way they had it set up here was after you stepped out you could actually look back and see your own body scan, basically it was just an outline of your body. If there was anything suspicious if would flag that area of your body. It was very quick and easy!
We continued on to our flight terminal and waited for about 10 minutes. There was some problem with the a fire light flashing on and off and they said it would probably be fixed it about 10 minutes. Well ten minutes passed and the lady came on the intercom and announced that the flight had been canceled, due to technical issues. Ok what do we do now? Luckily since we had first class tickets we got tickets for a flight that was going from SlC to Illinois instead of Dallas Texas, but it was leaving at 7:00 and it was already passed six. We had to rush back down to baggage claim, get our bags, have them retag our bags, and then go through all the security procedures again. Wow we rushed through it pretty fast! But we made it to our flight and we were still able to get first class tickets! Yay!! I was worried that we werent going to be going first class. I was really excited about it!
So yes, I am sitting in first class, was just given a hot towel to wipe my hands or my face with. Then I was asked what kind of food I wanted. I got some yummy yogurt, a fruit bowl, and a muffin with some butter. I got pictures of it, but they are on my phone right now. I will have to transfer them later today.
12:00 pm in chicago illinois airport
Well we have a four hour lay over here in illinois. The tiredness has finally hit. I didn't sleep that much, if any last night. so maybe I will be able to sleep in the airport...

No comments:

Post a Comment