Not much happens in this video. There is cute baby J, and then Jeff tries to photo bomb, but didn't realize it was a video:)
We actually fell asleep really early, like 6:30pm. In reality it was 9:30 Utah time. We didn't sleep the best because there was a freeway right next to the hotel. I didn't realize how loud cars could be until they kept me up half that night. Jeff and Cindy left with Wendy and Dave to stay at their place for the night. In the morning RB's dad got a rental car and we were off to Pearl Harbor! I had never been to pearl harbor before, it was really cool. We took a ferry over to where the USS Arizona had sunk. I didn't know this, but they didn't ever recover it, they just left it down there. you can see parts of the boat sticking up above the water. There were a lot of interesting things to look at and read about.
After pearl Harbor we were off to the Pier to be dropped off and wait for RB's dad to go pick up the others in Laie. We were actually waiting for a very long time before we got on the cruise ship. I imagined it differently. I thought there would be this nice waiting area, but we were basically just in this big warehouse. When rb's dad had got back from turning the rental car in, we finally got in line to be checked on board. There were security checks just like the airport. We each got our own little card that basically did everything. It was connected to our credit cards, opened our rooms, was used to check us in and out of the boat everyday. You could just walk around with that card and use it for everything. they made it to easy to spend money:) Don't worry I didn't go overboard with spending or anything. I actually didn't buy much at all on the ship. I bought one virgin smoothie, just to try it out, then one night I bought advil because I had a headache. They had many different restaurants to chooose from. Some of them cost extra and we never ended up going to them, because there were plenty that didn't charge any extra. It was really fun to always order appetizers and desert. We were in a fancy restaurant and I order a strawberry soulfle (spelling) with my dinner, and I asked the waiter to bring it with my meal instead of after.....The waiter thought that was funny, but I just told him that I actually wanted to have dessert instead on getting stuffed before I could get any. The soufle was super good, and he served it all fancy!! After I had mine, almost every one at our table ordered one for dessert form themselves:)
Alright I feel like there is so much to tell, but now my fingers are getting tired from typing. So I guess I will have to continue telling you about my vacation later.
bye
The above video is us sitting and waiting in the warehouse looking building
This video is the dancers we watched while we were waiting in line to get our cards for the cruise ship
Pearl Harbor is so tranquil and beautiful!! Did you go over to the USS Missouri too? When we went for youth symphony we played a concert in front of it . . . freaking awesome!
ReplyDeleteThere's a restaraunt at one of the hotels at Disney World that has strawberry soup as part of their breakfast buffett, and it is soooooooo amazing I can only imagine how good strawberry souffle would be!