Sunday, June 12, 2022

After the Hospital discharge

My husband drove me the short drive to the hotel. It wasn't to bad because I had gotten a dose of Dilodin before I left.  I was pretty wheel chair bound by this point. Only able to to walk a few steps at a time, so it was nice that I had brought my own walker/wheel chair with me.  Got to the hotel, got comfy and slept really good over the night.   I was supposed go home on Thursday, I should have picked the refundable flight options, even though they are a bit more.  I had a follow/discharge appointment on Wednesday. For the next two days I was on a constant routine of pain meds and I was still having a terrible headache and terrible neck pain.  It was weird, where they had actually cut in to me wasn't that painful, compared to the other pain I was having.   By my appointment time came Wednesday, I was in so much body pain I just bawled through my entire appointment with him.  My appointment was with Dr. Patel's Assistant, but honestly he WAS THE BEST!  He let me cry and listened and understood. and acutally told me what had been going on and what I should be expecting in the near future.  Found out that this surgery is actually a 3 month recovery process! Before I had the surgery, I was thinking it would be about a 2 to 3 week recovery.  We switched up a bunch of medications. My body had so much inflammation, he put me on a short term steroid, and also found another muscle relaxer that wouldn't make me so dizzy!  This is where the decision came that I was not well enough to travel,  

It was within 24 hours of our flight home, and I guess if its in that time frame, it is nonrefundable.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment