Tuesday, January 29, 2019

There goes another six months

I decided I should really write on my blog! First this will be a picture journal!
My House! I believe this was the day I moved in, I am in love!

My beautiful kitchen complete! Except for the fridge, This was a couple days before moving in and was still going through the cleaning process.


Keys to my house!

My sister published a book! I showed up later to her first book signing, and she had almost sold out of books! Its  a really good book!

End of July I started having weirder symptoms then I normally have. After a couple of scans, comes to find out I had a kidney stone lodged just outside my kidney, Well since it wasn't passing I had to go get it surgically removed. Wasn't bad, but until I had to get a stent in me...worst pain of my life for the couple of days I had that in......it was horrible. Ended up back in the ER because I wasn't given enough pain medicine. It was not fun.

My sunflower from my back yard I grew!

This is how I garden.... walker and all.

My sister, her room mate and I were looking for fall colors one Saturday! It was fun.

I was fostering litter of kitties and the mama cat ( we kept two of them). I got this cat tree. It is a lot bigger then I expected it to be, but my cats love it.


Since I have a yard to call my own now, I was able to purchase a hobby greenhouse, nothing big. My husband did most of the work in putting it together. I had read some reviewers warning about it flipping in the wind, so I had come up with a solution ( at least I thought) and was going to use a thick wire to anchor it down to the ground. I got one put in before I was out of energy and it was going to have to be done another day, thinking one was fine for now.... It took me a couple of days to feel well enough to go out and work on it, and it had been just fine and dandy out back. No problem at all, even though it had been a bit windy. Anyways I am literally staring out my back door putting on my shoes to go work on anchoring it better, when I see my green house get picked up by just the right angle of wind and start tumbling away! I scream and rush out there, grabbing the one wire I thought I had anchored well enough down. I am holding this wire, and I am pretty much panicking by now as I fight against the wind. I step on the wire and try to start calling people on my phone... of course my husband doesn't answer....next person, my dad, who answers and helps me breath a bit and at least gives me the idea to stack a bunch of stepping stones on top of the wire. I was distraught trying to get a hold of my husband, I was pretty sure my greenhouse was a goner.... I actually ended up calling the lady who works the front desk to transfer me to him! Anyways I finally get a hold of him and he comes home. By this time the greenhouse has tumbled about 30 feet from its original spot. He was able to push the greenhouse over and scoot it back to a safer spot. It now has many bent metal pieces and I am just not sure how well sealed up it is.....I promise I took pictures, but I just can't seem to find them! So when I find them, I will defiantly post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment