I just got back from Yellowstone yesterday, it was a fun week.
I was able to catch a rare geyser this year, called Fan and Mortar. This year it has gone off between every 4-5 days. It was on its fifth day without going and according to the geyser gazers on the radio it was having really good signs of going. So I drove to the Lower Ham store, and walked very slowly, with many stops down to the geyser....It isn't that far of a walk for a non-CFIDS person :) Probably not even a mile, but alas this is my life. I had my nice big umbrella, Plenty of water, my compression socks on and I was off! Although my awesome husband was carrying all of this for me. It was perfect! He is a foot taller then me and so when he holds the umbrella it covers me perfectly (and also him, so it works out for both of us). Most of the other family members were down there, and we got there perfect timing. I will have to post a video of RB explaining why the water levels and stuff looked good when I get it edited. I probably only waited a half hour and BOOM it was going off! It had a bit of a rocky start and kept teasing all the really serious Geyser Gazers :) It was so spectacular! I have a video of the whole eruption, including me almost being run over by a crowd of screaming people because the sudden shift of wind made a lot of water come raining down on them, it was great!
Other geysers I got to see :
Grand Geyser!
Beehive Geyser!
Old Faithful Geyser (of course)!
Mugwump (very small geyser but it hasn;t been active in years and years)
Lion Geyser ( from a bit of a distance)
Castle Geyser!
I have to give a big shout out to my sister in law! I would not have seen about half of these geysers if she didn't push my around in a wheel chair on geyser hill! THANK YOU!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment