Hello,
I know it has been a long time since I last posted. I spent a week in Yellowstone, got our house put up for sale, and also signed a lease on an apartment. So currently I am paying rent and a house payment. I sure hope this house sells soon. I have really loved living in this house and this neighborhood.
I wrote almost everyday in Yellowstone about what I did, so the following is going to be a recap.
Aug 6, 2011
It was a very eventfull day today. I have been up since 5:45 am. Daline and Ashley had been preparing for their 5k at the wheat and beat days, and RB decided to join them. Although RB had decided to do the 10k instead. It was fun because a lot of other family members decided to join in on the fun. Uncle David, Uncle Aaron, Josh and Lyssa all joined in to run the 5k. They all finished!! I am so proud of them all for setting a goal and accomplishing it. We all ate breakfast afterwords. It was yummy, all the runners got a breakfast for running, I took RB's breakfast since he had already ate earlier.
RB and I ventured home to pack up for a week long vacation in Yellowstone. It was a long day of driving and we are finally here. I will be spending my birthday in Yellowstone. I have been here once before on my birthday and it was pretty fun.
August 7, 2011
Bike rentals in Yellowstone are too expensive for my taste!! 35 bucks a day! Doesn't look like I will be getting much bike riding in this week. Also, last year you could use the wifi for free, but now they charge you by the hour or daily. RB and I were both sad about this too. We wandered back to our cabins. We decided to go get some yogurt and to wander around geyser hill. The yummy yogurt cheered me up! We sat on giantess for a bit, not expecting it to erupt. I just needed someplace to rest. We continued around geyser hill and sat on Plume until it erupted. Everyone else was also there waiting for it to erupt ( Dave, Wendy, Jacen, Cindy, Jeff, and Bruce). We all sat there for about twenty minutes before it erupted. It usually goes off about every hour. I was tired and a bit grumpy so RB and I started our ways back to the cabins. Jeff joined us and we decided to walk through the new visitors center that had just opened up last summer. It is pretty spiffy, they have a miniature geyser that goes off about every 6-10 minutes. We talked to a ranger for a bit in the kids center.
I started reading my book RB had gotten me for my bday. We all went to sacrament meeting and came back and had carrot cake to celebrate my birthday.
August 8 2011
I didn't wake up until 11 am!! RB was at grand geyser, I was going to head over there until I was informed that it had just started erupting.....bummer. I ate lunch/breakfast at geyser grill. RB and I then went and parked at midway geyser basin, and walked to Artemesia geyser. It is a super pretty pool of water, I have never seen it erupt, hopefully I will someday. We watched a fan and mortor event cycle, but nothing happened. Tried to see daisy, but it had already erupted. We then went and hiked back our car. I walked a lot and will probably be sore tomorrow.
Jacens new game is throwing away garbage and we all clap for him. He loves it and it is so cute!
August 9 2011
We all sat on Grand until it erupted! It rained on us for a bit, but it was just fine since I had an umbrella. It erupted about 1 pm. I just love hearing Mary Beth come on the radio and say "There are waves on grand!". That is one of the indicators that grand will be going off in the next couple of minutes. It was also cool because we saw a second burst. I had only seen that once before. Although RB has seen it do that plenty of times.
I came back to the cabin and took a nap. I didn't do much the rest of the day because I was pretty worn out from sitting in the hot sun for three hours. I ate dinner at geyser grill played some games and went to bed.
August 10 2011
We went around the grand loop today. We stopped at uncle toms trail and everyone went down it except for me ( stupid chronic mono). I was looking through Wendy's pictures and they got some awesome ones! While everyone went down the "Steep scary trail, with lots of stairs" I listened in on a guided ranger walk and followed them until I got tired and went back to the car and waited until everyone got back.
We continued our drive up to twin falls and then we quickly stopped at my new favorite waterfall for the day called Undine Falls. It is a tiered water fall and super pretty.
Our next stop was Mammoth. Bruce and I dropped everyone off at that top and we drove the cars down and met them at the bottom. I liked to the drive around the 3 mile loop, there are some very interesting geological features to see. They all reached the bottom and we took a family pic by Liberty Cap and we were off back to our cabins by old Faithful. It was a very long drive today!
August 11-12 2011
On Thursday RB, Jeff, and I went on a hike to Mystic falls. It is only about 1 mile to the falls. I had never been before and was excited. It wore me out big time, but it was so worth it! I love waterfalls and this one became my favorite waterfall next to undine falls. It is also tiered, but a lot more so.
After the hike we met up at nez peirce creek and had a fun picnic.
I didn't document what we did on Friday and I don't remember much. I am pretty sure that we ate at the lower Hamilton store, they have some yummy hamburgers.
August 13 2011
Today was the day we drove home. We went through the Tetons and got some awesome jumping pictures. I have decided I would like to go take a canoe on string lake. It is a very peaceful lake. We stopped at the cheese factory and got hamburgers for lunch/ dinner. RB and I got back to Logan and were pretty worn out and just went to sleep.
Sounds like fun. It has been a long time since I have been to Yellowstone. Makes me want to go again.
ReplyDelete